Located on 1100 acres of summer pastures with tall pines and breathtaking views of the Selkirk and Cabinet mountain ranges is the Western Pleasure Guest Ranch. A fourth generation cattle ranch that has been operating on the same land since 1940. The ranch is located in Idaho’s scenic Panhandle region, about 16 miles northeast of Sandpoint, Idaho. Roley and Janice Schoonover, and her parents, ranchers Jim and Virginia Wood, have transformed this historic ranch into one of Idaho’s quality guest ranches.
- Website: http://westernpleasureranch.com/
- Address 1413 Upper Gold Cr. Rd Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
- Phone 208-263-9066
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category Idaho, x-Children's Programs, x-Family Reunions, x-Fishing, x-Hiking, x-Mountain Biking, x-Rafting, x-Weddings
- Location Idaho, United States
- Tags cabins, Canoeing, Children's Programs, Conference Facilities, Corporate Events, Fishing, Fly Fishing, Golf, Hay Rides, Hiking, Honeymoon Package, Horseback Instruction, Horseback riding, Indoor Games, Internet Connection, Large Group Facilities, laundry facilities, Library, lodge, massages, Mountain Biking, Non-Smoking, Outdoor Games, Riding All-Levels, Rodeos, Shopping, Snow Skiing, Swimming, Trail Rides, Weddings, Whitewater Rafting
- By rwt
- Email: email@example.com
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID
Experience North Idaho and Sandpoint by visiting this authentic family owned and operated guest ranch. In 1940, Grandpa Riley Wood was drawn to this country by its beauty and resourses. Over sixty years later the ranch remains in the same family and now we invite you to follow in Grandpa’s foot steps and experience this Idaho Gem for yourself. On that cold winter day when Grandpa came to Sandpoint he was greated by a cold, dreary, one room cabin, we at Western Pleasure Guest Ranch have something much better in store for you. Our 10,000 sq ft. lodge, hewn from local timer features six spacious guest rooms, each with private bath. Modern log cabins in secluded settings ammonst tall timber will provide you with peace and serenity. Saddle up for some good ol fashioned fun as you ride along the ridges and valleys of this fourth-generation cattle ranch. Your hosts have proudly maintained and preserved their ranchland. After visiting our ranch you may never want to leave!
“I just wanted to thank you for the absolutely WONDERFUL vacation I had at your ranch. It was by far one of the BEST ranches I have visited–your staff was exceptional, your facilities beautiful, and your horses were amongst the finest, kindest, and well-trained animals I have ever ridden!!! I would recommend your place to anyone who would like a great western vacation. I have nothing but good things to say to anyone who asks how my trip was. Thank you again for doing what you do so well!!!” – Karen Gianacoplis
“We want to thank you again for the wonderful time we had with all of you. The ranch is awesome and has such beautiful surroundings. The wranglers were great and the food was also wonderful. The accomodations worked beautifully. Each family enjoyed having their own cabin so they were able to have some of their own family time. Everything about the ranch is warm and comfortable and the hospitality is super. The weather was about as good as it could get and we enjoyed all the fun different events. As I said before, it really couldn’t have been a more perfect anniversay celebration with all our family together enjoying Western Pleasure Ranch.” – Tom, Sandy and Family